Today started out as a normal day. I was fine.At least that's what I told myself,
ignoring that pressure-cooker feeling in my head,
and hit the ground running today...
On a dead sprint, lists in hand, trying to get it all done.
But it's been building.
Maybe it's our humanitarian trip to Mexico next week?
Getting a family ready to travel is always a little crazy.
Add to that 3 different kids in 3 different spring sports
and one chauffeur.
Plus a very busy and stressed out hubby.
Homework, class projects, and merit badges.
Obama.
My Grandma Parks is not doing well.
And then there's that BYU Women's Conference talk waiting to be written...
(that one is causing some serious strain)
Then the toilet overflowed.
And I found mouse poop.
By yesterday afternoon I was a few steps behind, running late to
pick up Parker and get him to his high school tennis match.
And that's when it happened.
I backed one of our cars into the other one.
And dad, if you're reading this, the answer is YES!
One of the cars was that beautiful silver one you babied
and so lovingly cared for and kept in pristine condition
before you sold it to your son and his
INSANE WOMAN DRIVER WIFE!
That's when the tears started.
And wouldn't stop.
The kids tried to comfort me. So did Gary.
They did their best 'Pollyanna' and were so kind to me.
Probably kinder than I would have been.
Not a good day to be out of See's chocolate.
Sometimes a good cry does a world of good.
Keep calm and carry on.
Tomorrow is another day.

5 comments:
Oh Julene I am so so sorry! Apparently you need to take one day and go to the spa all by yourself. The rule is you can't think about what you should be doing instead! I have had a day sort of like that but I hit the side of the garage (it was the 1st truck we also bought from Dad) It happens don't beat yourself up! Do you want a Red Mango at lunch?!
Do you know what I kept thinking as I read this? - "I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair."
Sounds like you had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! (Is it awful of me to feel relieved - and a little happy - to find out everyone has "Alexander" days?)
I'm glad you decided to have a good cry instead of moving to Australia.
Oh! And was the 'Obama' part a statement, or was it you cursing? :)
Ohhh I'm sorry. That's so true. A cry really does a world of good. Ok - do this: You need to pull out your Michael McLane Safe Harbors CD (you have that right?) and listen to "She Doesn't Know". I thought of you & this song when I read this post. :) Smile cuz "we see heaven in your eyes". HAVE FUN in Mexico. How cool!!
Love you Julene! Life is like this... good thing you'll be able to laugh about it tomorrow... ok... maybe you'll laugh AFTER the cars are fixed! Hope things are looking up now! Good luck on that talk... THAT is the beast that gets me! You'll be awesome! Have a great time in Mexico!
Oh, I am so sorry.
At least you know that when you have a day like that it should be a while before another one comes along.
I hope Grandma Parks is doing better.
Post a Comment