Friday, April 2, 2010

'Baby, What a Big Surprise!' - Chicago


The look of surprise on the mouse's face matched my own.
I'd just opened the pantry door, and there he was, at eye level.
The magnitude of my screams caused the city worker
reading our water meter to knock on the door
and ask if everything was all right.
Benji calmly said, 'That's just my mom.'

I promptly sanitized the pantry and set the sticky glue trap.
That night while Gary and I were gone,
the boys discovered our new prisoner.
The mouse then filled the measure of it's creation
as they chased their sister
around the house with it.

Never a dull moment at the Judd home.

5 comments:

Sibber said...

THAT IS GROSS!!! I HATE those kind of surprises! Hope he's gone, and any of his little friends, too! EWE!

Julie said...

Their father did the same thing to me with a live cricket. The apples don't fall far from the tree...

La Esposa said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't even imagine!!! I would have never opened that pantry door again. "at eye level"...I can't even imagine.

I loved your son's response.

And that you got the lil' mouse.

Kristie said...

I feel for you cousin!!! I had the same thing happen to me, except I opened a drawer and the thing literally jumped out at me, scared me to death, I hate those little buggers!

Kristie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.