I counted it such a choice blessing to go with Sarah to the General YW Broadcast at the conference center. Last Saturday was such a wonderful day. We left all the guys to fend for themselves and headed early to Salt Lake. We shopped a little bit then met our dear friends, Carrie and Megan Harris for dinner, then rode trax to the conference center. Thanks to my dear friend Rosemary, (WHO WAS JUST CALLED AS THE NEW GENERAL PRIMARY PRESIDENT TODAY!) who got us the tickets. It was a treat to sit so close and bask in the outpouring of such a strong spirit of virtue and goodness. Sister Dalton's talk, 'Remember Who You Are' was an amazing declaration of the strength of virtue and deep beauty. Women of all ages will be strengthened by reading it. President Uchtdorf's delightful story of he and Sister Uchtdorf's courtship had every single young woman in the palm of his hand. Sister Cook's talk, 'Never, Never, Never Give Up!' was Sarah's favorite. It was just a marvelous, memorable day. I'm so thankful. The Lord loves his young daughters, and has given them amazing leaders and role models to look to for guidance and inspiration. Joshua 1:9 ' Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the aLord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.'Saturday, April 3, 2010
'Live Like You Believe' - Jenny Phillips
I counted it such a choice blessing to go with Sarah to the General YW Broadcast at the conference center. Last Saturday was such a wonderful day. We left all the guys to fend for themselves and headed early to Salt Lake. We shopped a little bit then met our dear friends, Carrie and Megan Harris for dinner, then rode trax to the conference center. Thanks to my dear friend Rosemary, (WHO WAS JUST CALLED AS THE NEW GENERAL PRIMARY PRESIDENT TODAY!) who got us the tickets. It was a treat to sit so close and bask in the outpouring of such a strong spirit of virtue and goodness. Sister Dalton's talk, 'Remember Who You Are' was an amazing declaration of the strength of virtue and deep beauty. Women of all ages will be strengthened by reading it. President Uchtdorf's delightful story of he and Sister Uchtdorf's courtship had every single young woman in the palm of his hand. Sister Cook's talk, 'Never, Never, Never Give Up!' was Sarah's favorite. It was just a marvelous, memorable day. I'm so thankful. The Lord loves his young daughters, and has given them amazing leaders and role models to look to for guidance and inspiration. Joshua 1:9 ' Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the aLord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It is so wonderful to have those special days!
Quincey and I watched the conference here in Texas and loved every minute of it too. President Ucdorf's (I think I spelled that wrong) talk was my favorite. I purely enjoyed it. =) Lovely evening.
I didn't get a chance to hear the Womens Conference so I went to LDS.org and found the recording... I totally agree with that daughter of yours, it was my favorite too! Thanks for sharing!
Sending you belated hugs for your stressful day! Yes, sometimes a good cry does wonders. What a wonderful experience with Sarah! Sorry about the mouse. Gross. Boys will be boys, darn it. Love you guys!
Post a Comment