
I had such a fun day with Taylor yesterday. Let me tell you why. Right after graduation, Taylor went on a 3 week church history tour with seminary students. They visited all the major and minor church sites, as well as New York and D.C. After he returned home he spent most of the summer writing a song about his experience in the Sacred Grove. He's hoping to get it added to the 'Heritage Tours CD' that is given to all the kids every summer who go on the tour. Our friend Jeff Sermon hooked us up with 2 of the legends in the LDS music industry, Mike Dowdle and Greg Hansen. We spent yesterday afternoon in a recording studio with them and they worked their magic on his song. I kept trying to help Taylor grasp what an amazing opportunity this was...Greg Hansen and Mike Dowdle for crying out loud! I'd never even gotten to meet them before, let alone work with them! Next week we'll go back in and add Taylor's vocals. It was so rewarding to share time in a studio with my son. We had a blast.
3 comments:
Wow!!! Go Taylor. That is awesome. What a neat experience. I cant wait to hear the song.
Taylor was playing his song for everyone but somehow I missed it! I will have to get it on cd, that would be awesome!
What a great experience! We of course would love a copy when it is done!!
Post a Comment