
"Happy Hump Day!" Spencer has been serving in Pennsylvania for a year now, and this day has brought many emotions. It's gone by so quickly, yet when I reflect on the time, it feels long as well. I am so grateful for the growth, and refining work of the spirit in his life and character. It is amazing to see him grow up so much. As parents, we knew he had it in him, and the Lord is a much better parent than we are. In his year-mark email, I think it is telling that he didn't even mention how long he'd been gone, or how long he had left. He was too excited telling us about Elder Bednar's visit to his mission this week-end for stake conference. Elder Bednar is having a special meeting with the missionaries and their investigators and we could feel the joy in Spencer's words. When folks ask how our Elder is doing, Gary and I jokingly reply that he is doing so well, we hope he can extend an extra year. I'm not sure my mother's heart could take it, but I must admit, it's been a vacation in a way, not worrying about my teenage son, but I know when he does return, he will be a man. I love you, Elder Judd. Hurrah for Israel!
5 comments:
A year already?! That is so crazy. He'll be home before you know it!
That is the most adorable picture! Elder Spencer looks like his dad! WOW! Darling children! Fabulous parents! It really does go quickly... and the Lord DEFINITELY is a better parent than any of us! He is also a great teacher! You and we are all learning from the best! Good luck in your final preps with the next Elder Judd! He'll be awesome... just like his older brother! love ya!
I know exactly how you feel when you say, 'it's gone fast and feels long as well'. But having experience from my brother's service, the second year flies by! Spencer is incredible, with such strong faith, and such an example to me. I can't believe Elder Bednar will be spending time with the Elders! That will be awesome for the Pittsburgh missionaries and investigators. Half way there Julene! I hope you had a Happy Hump Day!
Hi Julene- it's Jessica (Shawn and Geraldine's kid). I found your blog through Amie's and had to say hello. I can't believe your boys are old enough to be going on missions! I remember babysitting Spencer and Taylor while you were pregnant with #3. (Sorry about burning the popcorn and making you throw up! I still feel bad.) What great boys. Congratulations
I can't believe he has already been gone a year. I bet for you it has been slow.
Post a Comment