Wasn't General Conference wonderful? My heart is grateful for so many things, too many to list, but I'll share a few thoughts. We were so thrilled to hear about the temple being built near Spencer's mission in Pennsylvania. I wish I could have heard the saints gathered there when they heard it announced and seen Spencer's face and that big smile of his. I loved every song. I loved every talk, especially Sister Dalton's on virtue, Elder Bednar's on prayer, and Elder Uchtdorf's at the RS broadcast, but the one I wanted to blog a bit about was Elder Holland's talk on angels. As he spoke, I saw in my mind so many faces of people who have been angels to me. If you are reading this blog, you are one. Thank you. I am so grateful for my prayers that have been answered through other people, just doing their best to lift and serve and be like our Savior. Thank you for your example and your love. I love you.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
'He Found Me an Angel' - Mindi Childs
Wasn't General Conference wonderful? My heart is grateful for so many things, too many to list, but I'll share a few thoughts. We were so thrilled to hear about the temple being built near Spencer's mission in Pennsylvania. I wish I could have heard the saints gathered there when they heard it announced and seen Spencer's face and that big smile of his. I loved every song. I loved every talk, especially Sister Dalton's on virtue, Elder Bednar's on prayer, and Elder Uchtdorf's at the RS broadcast, but the one I wanted to blog a bit about was Elder Holland's talk on angels. As he spoke, I saw in my mind so many faces of people who have been angels to me. If you are reading this blog, you are one. Thank you. I am so grateful for my prayers that have been answered through other people, just doing their best to lift and serve and be like our Savior. Thank you for your example and your love. I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I absolutely loved General Conference too. I can't stop thinking about the first temple to be built in Pennsylvania and how happy Spencer is about it. There were some great articles in the newspapers on the new temples announced and general conference recaps I mailed off to him. I'm sure they don't see articles like that there! I completely agree, this was a special conference.
That was my favorite too. We talked about it again for FHE. Ethan also enjoyed that one.
Post a Comment