
For part of the Memorial Day week-end, Sarah and I made a quick trip to Idaho. The boys had games and end-of-year parties they didn't want to miss. We visited both of my Grandpa's graves in the beautiful Norton Cemetery in McCammon, Idaho.

It's my favorite time of year to visit Idaho. Everything is green and gorgeous.

Dad took Sarah and I on a ride the next morning.
We rode the ridge above Robber's Roost Canyon towards Haystack Mountain.

This is how I will always remember my dad in my mind, doing what he loves the most. He prefers the smooth ride of his mule, Dewey and he patiently plodded along, while Sarah and I galloped back and forth along the ridge. My favorite gear on a horse is full-speed and I love that Sarah craves it as much as I do. She reminded me so much of me at that age as I watched her.

There's something special about a girl and a horse at this age.
I'm so grateful she'd rather kiss a horse than a boy.

This is a picture of the kind highway patrolmen who fixed our flat tire for us on the way home. Thank heavens for cell phones! Gary had them to us lickety split, but it took them almost 30 minutes just to figure out how to get the spare tire out from under the burb. Sarah and I could have never done it! All in all, it was a very fun and eventful 24 hours, but we were so glad to get home and celebrate the rest of the week-end with the family.
1 comment:
That was a crazy weekend! I'm so glad the was someone there to help you! I would have been so nervous for that to happen on the freeway!! Keep taking Sarah to Idaho to ride her horse and hopefully it will be YEARS before she wants to kiss a boy!
Post a Comment