
Maybe it's because he's leaving on his mission in a little less than 6 weeks, but lately I have been reminiscing about my life with Taylor. What a joy it has been. He came out of the womb cheerful, obedient, kind, loving, and wise beyond his years. When he leaves there will be a big hole where big brothers used to be. I was watching him the other day, patiently steering his siblings. They adore him and are going to miss him so much. Our home will not be nearly as bright and fun when he is gone. My mother heart is aching today...lots of ache where there is lots of love.

8 comments:
Julene,
I'm sorry. It's so, so hard. But, I promise they come back and it's even more wonderful. It's so sad when the older ones start to leave home. Everything keeps changing....but life just gets fuller and more joyful! I can't imagine having 2 sons out at once. You handle it all so well, and it will be such a blessing to your family, especially to the younger siblings. Hang in there.
Love,
Michelle
It will not be long before I send my boys off. Taylor has been raised well and is an amazing young man. You did a great job with him.
It's going by so fast! He is a really good kid...I hear it all the time when people know we are related. You have done a great job with all your kids. That song makes me cry every time!! I'm choked up thinking about it!
He sounds like an amazing young man... but look at him... how could he not be with such incredible parents! That is going to be one lucky mission president to get to work with him! He will be awesome and you will LOVE his letters and the growth that you will see! You are my rock!
What a sweet blog you have. I love, love, love it!
People told me that it was hard watching your kids get older.... I had no idea, how hard!
This post unexpectantly made me cry...Sending off boys on missions takes faith and courage. Even though my little one is only 3, it is painful for me to think about him leaving.
And I also have to say, I hope I look as AMAZING as you do when he is 19. You are smoking! ;)
Julene,
I'm Joy's sister and have met you many times. It has been fun reading your blog, you are an amazing woman. I also wanted to say that I was able to meet your cute Taylor in Arizona, for Bobby's wedding. He truly is a great kid. He had us laughing the entire time he was in the room, yet you could feel his goodness and excitement for his mission. He was also super proud of his mom, as I'm sure he should be. Good luck and congrats with two missionaries, that's awesome!
Yay!! It'll be great to keep updated on your blog! Oh, those 2 boys of your hold a little special place in my heart! I loved the picture of you with Taylor back when I used to babysit them! You, my friend are gorgeous! And I just love you!!
Post a Comment