Saturday, October 4, 2008

'Under the Sea' - The Little Mermaid













































Aloha means hello and good-bye. We were able to tell our kids good-bye and hello to each other when we snuck off to Maui for a week. It was glorious! We've never been there before, and were in awe of the beauty all around us. We must be getting older, because we weren't too adventurous. All we wanted to do was unwind, sleep, read, eat and watch the sunset every night. Gary loved the fresh banana pancakes with warm coconut syrup that we discovered at a little local joint. I loved the resort's yoga class, the view, and sleeping-in with my lovey. On the second morning, we laid there trying to remember the last time we were both awake and still in bed together in the morning. We usually hit the ground running in the morning to meetings, work, or kid control. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father created such a beautiful place, and such a wonderful man to share it with.

8 comments:

Matt and Amie said...

How sweet! You totally deserve a good trip like that!

Molly said...

Oh how fun! I have only been to Hawaii once and it was so beautiful and fun, I would love to go again. Todd would love to hang out with Taylor...can you email me a number so Todd can call him to set something up? Rxygirl0015@hotmail.com Thanks!!

Sibber said...

What an awesome trip! I'm just a dot jealous! Glad you got to get away... that is a GREAT thing to do! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I have never been there either. It looks like you had an amazing time. I hear it is a wonderful place to visit. I am so JEALOUS!!!!!!

Laura said...

It looked so fun and beautiful. I am looking forward to the day I can wake up in bed and just lay there. I have never been to Hawaii either. I can only say I hope to be able to go there some day. Troy won't fly over water. I'm crossing my fingers.

Donna said...

Gotta love that coconut syrup! We always bring a few bottles home with us.

Emily said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. That is the kind of vacation I love. I love being some where beautiful and warm with nothing to do!

Joy :) said...

How Fun!! I'm glad you could get a way for a week!