Today I am grateful for something, but only because I am COMPELLED to be grateful, and I'm not happy about it. I do not like mosquitoes. I loathe mosquitoes. I have always said that when I get to create a world, there will be no mosquitoes or morning glory. But today I learned the single, solitary virtue of the mosquito. It is the only insect that can polinate the cocoa tree, which produces...you guessed it...CHOCOLATE! What a dilemma I find myself in, because chocolate is something my world must most definitely have! Oh well. I'm hoping that the heightened sense of intelligence we may someday possess will be able to come up with an alternate plan, but until then, I will try hard not to complain. But I will still squash them if they try to sting me as I melt my marshmallow over a fire and squeeze it between graham crackers and a double layer of chocolate!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
'There ain't no bugs on me.' - boy scout song
Today I am grateful for something, but only because I am COMPELLED to be grateful, and I'm not happy about it. I do not like mosquitoes. I loathe mosquitoes. I have always said that when I get to create a world, there will be no mosquitoes or morning glory. But today I learned the single, solitary virtue of the mosquito. It is the only insect that can polinate the cocoa tree, which produces...you guessed it...CHOCOLATE! What a dilemma I find myself in, because chocolate is something my world must most definitely have! Oh well. I'm hoping that the heightened sense of intelligence we may someday possess will be able to come up with an alternate plan, but until then, I will try hard not to complain. But I will still squash them if they try to sting me as I melt my marshmallow over a fire and squeeze it between graham crackers and a double layer of chocolate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
As I sit here eating chocolate, I definitely am thinking twice about killing a misquitoe next time I see one! :)
Hi Julene! I came across your blog on Carrie's page and just had to check it out. This is such a wonderful way to keep in touch with those that we love. I'm excited to hear of Taylor's mission call and to learn about the purpose of mosquitos =).
hi julene, i am so glad you started blogging, it's great to keep in touch this way. i agree with you on the dilemma. i absolutely hate mosquitos but i love chocolate. some how your world will work with them both.
Love the blog! It was great seeing you and your family in Loa. Love, Emily
Post a Comment