Sunday, September 14, 2008

'All American Girls' - Sister Sledge


Last night I went to Highland's Junior Miss Pageant. I had been helping a darling friend of mine prepare and she did a great job, winning both fitness and interview preliminaries...way to go Cassie! Watching the program, I realized it was 25 years ago that I competed for Utah's Junior Miss. Yes, 25 years! This summer, Elayne Wells Harmer, Liz Tanner and I got together for lunch to catch up and we snapped this picture. Elayne was Utah's Junior Miss 1983 and Liz and I were her runners-up, and our theme that year that we danced to was 'All American Girls.' I wish I had a picture from way back then! I've always been involved with the Miss America Organization over the years, first competing, then coaching, judging and directing, but I've been disappointed by the direction the program has taken in recent years. But I will always love and support Junior Miss! Last night I was talking with the state director about the need for a program in American Fork, but I have too much on my plate right now to take it on myself. Maybe someday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun reuniting! Michele Welch has told me all about your involvement in pageants. I competed in Alpine Junior Miss and Mrs. Pederson helped me with the walk and interview. They're so fun! I can totally see Sarah being in a pageant!

Sibber said...

Look as you Sister HIGH TEcH girl! This is awesome! I'm so proud of you! Your blog is beautiful! Doesn't surprise me at all! So good to see you up and blog! We'll stay in touch! Love ya much!