Thursday, September 11, 2008

'Called to Serve' - hymn #249


I am thinking, breathing, reading, and loving missionaries at our house right now. Our oldest son, Spencer, has been serving in the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Mission since October 2007, and this November, Taylor will leave for the Guatemala, Guatemala Central City mission. We will have two elders serving for nearly a year and my heart is just about to burst. When I signed up to love and raise four sons, I didn't anticipate the depth and breadth of emotions their nineteenth birthdays would bring.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

WOW JULENE!! I'm just blown away! Your blog is BEAUTIFUL! And it plays one of my favorite songs by Michael Buble! WOW!!!! I'm a little emotional over here. BRAVO! Can't wait to keep in better touch with you now!

xoxo

Marg said...

Wow Girlfriend! You did such a GREAT job! I gotta get going on this too. I'm inspired. You must have had a great teacher. ha ha!
I'll let you know when I'm up and going too. Music to boot! Woo Hoo!

Sandy J. said...

Hurray Julene! Way to jump into the technological unknown. You did beautifully. I recently found a quote that reminds me of your fortitude in creating something for your family and friends. It is by the artist Robert Henri, who mentored Minerva Teichert in NYC.

"You can do anything you want to do. What is rare is this actual wanting to do a certain thing: wanting it so much that you are practically blind to all other things, that nothing else will satisfy you...I know I have said a lot when I say 'You can do anything you want to do.' But I mean it...Blunder ahead with you personal view...The real work of art is the result of a magnificent struggle."

Love you and thanks for inviting me in.

Laura said...

I am so glad you commented on my blog. I would love to keep in touch with you. I can't believe Spencer and Taylor are both going to be serving. That is so awesome. I hope we can see you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful that both Taylor and Spencer will be serving missions at the same time! I can't believe Spence is coming up on his half way mark! Time is flying! Good luck to Taylor and the family!

AnneMarie said...

What handsome boys... men!