Wednesday, September 17, 2008

'Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice' - hymn #21

Another reason I love fall so much, is because of General Conference. With the changing of the seasons, as leaves begin to fall, I am lifted and hopeful that I too can shed weighty matters and bad habits. I love the inspired direction and loving words of our church leaders. When our 5 kids were small, getting everyone to pay attention to conference was more difficult. By the end of the week-end, I often felt like I'd slowly been pecked to death by a duck, but it does get easier. I got a great idea from my friend Jana, and for family scripture study this summer, we tried to listen to one conference talk every day, with everyone highlighting their personal copy of the Ensign conference issue. It worked so well, that we'll do it again next summer. I love conference and I am so grateful it will be here in less than 3 weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love General Conference too! I enjoyed every talk today, but especially Elder Holland's on angels. So unique. But best of all... a new temple is going to be built in Pennsylvania! That will bring so much joy and hope to Spencer's investigators. I can't wait to hear his thoughts about it, and listen to more great talks tomorrow! Also, I loved the Hawaii pictures! It looks like paradise!