Wednesday, May 12, 2010

'Together Forever' the remix - Micheal McLean

Sue and Wendy were so kind to come
to Grandma Parks' graveside service in Idaho.
Funerals bring families together.


It was a beautiful morning in Norton Cemetery. The raindrops stopped sprinkling shortly after we arrived, and the sun came out, just for Grams. We had a large gathering of family and friends who came to honor her. Spencer, Parker and Benji were pallbearers, along with other great-grandsons.

Grandma's silk flower spray was just as she wanted. Every member of her family (100+) had given her a single silk flower at her 80th birthday party. Those are the flowers in her arrangement. She had written each person's name on their flower, so we all really were there with her.

The sweet McCammon relief society sisters prepared a lovely lunch for people they didn't even know. This church is true. The frosty wind and rain began as we were loading into our cars to leave. I can't wait to return later this summer to visit this cemetery. It's honestly, the most beautiful one I've ever been to, and it gives me comfort knowing all 4 of my grandparents are at rest there.

3 comments:

Sibber said...

Dear friend... it warms my heart to see your sweet boys giving to the end to their dear Grandmother! That is a sweet tribute! Hugs!

La Esposa said...

I'm so glad it was a peaceful experience for you sweet Julene.

Thinking of you (and your beautiful family) always.

Niesha said...

I was so sad to have missed the actual funeral in Arizona... but it was so nice to see you in Idaho. This was the first time I have heard you sing... and you did such a great job!! Grandma would be pleased!