I've dragged my feet in posting about BYU Women's Conference, partly because I don't want to admit that it's over, and it's difficult to put my feelings into words. How can I do it justice? It's almost impossible. The 2 years I have spent as a member of the planning committee has been one of the sweetest tender mercies I have ever experienced. I never quite got over the urge during those 24 months to pinch myself and wonder what in the world someone like me was doing there? I was initially worried it was all some kind of mistake and that they'd rectify the problem by giving me a mint brownie and patting me on the head and sending me on my way, but they never did. And I just kept showing up at every meeting...first praying for guidance and reassurance, always followed by prayers of gratitude for this sweet adventure.At the top of the list is the conference chair, Sandi Rogers.
This women is a marvel and a miracle.
I could fill volumes with what I learned from her.
I wish we were neighbors and I could see her every day,
so my boys could mow her lawn and I'd take out her garbage.
We are bonded forever in more ways than one.
I'd empty her garbage too.
and the strength that comes because of it.
She'd beat me to the garbage cans.
She won't have time...I bet she'd let me take out her garbage.
last summer and the young women are still talking about it!
Some of my thoughts and feelings are too intense to share publicly,
but I want to pay tribute to all of these amazing sisters
who have changed my life. Mere words aren't enough.
Wish I had pictures with all of them individually!
It brings me comfort that friendship is an eternal principle,
and that the love that I feel for these sisters will go on and on forever.
The spirit of God like a fire is burning...
Until then, I'll remember some advice from dear Noreen...
'Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.'
The church is TRUE! How could it not be?

3 comments:
What an amazing experience to work with these great ladies. You fit right in though. Love ya!
Paige
Just know that you are a life changer as well Julene. You make people want to be better just being around you and feeling your spirit. Thanks!
Great post...you are so lucky to have been surrounded by all those amazing women for two years. You did a FAB job!
Post a Comment