Thursday, May 13, 2010

'Mother, I Love You' - #207 Children's Songbook


I was so blessed to have a wonderful Mother's Day. Gary and the kids took great care of me, and I looked forward with anticipation to talking to our dear Elder Judd, serving in Guatemala.

He sounded the happiest he has been on his mission, in part because transfers that week had paired him with his favorite elder in the entire mission, Elder Melville. I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual, as they jabbered together on the phone with plans of rooming together at BYU. They also made us promise to get together with Elder M's parents for dinner soon to get to know each other. I have said several prayers of gratitude for this blessing in Taylor's life, as some of you know his struggles with disobedient and difficult companions. He was on fire and is excited to have a companion with the same desire and drive.
Right before hanging up, they sang 'Mother, I Love You' to me. If that didn't put me over the edge, after Taylor said good-bye, he sang 'Families Can Be Together Forever' in spanish. Gary and I both lost it and weren't worth a thing the rest of the night.

Perhaps having Spencer home and loving his company has made us miss Taylor even more. It feels like he's been gone forever. I wonder how quickly November 30th will get here?

Are we there yet?

1 comment:

Paige said...

I love your posts. I pray that my boys can be like yours. Your family is wonderful. Thanks again for sharing with us. We love it.