
I took this picture of my Grandma Parks' hand, with her youngest son Tom's hand. He has my grandpa's hands, big and strong, tan and calloused from lots of hard work in the sun. It gave me comfort to picture Grandpa Parks coming for her, and taking her hand when she may have been a little hesitant or afraid, and worried for her family left behind. Now this picture helps me feel happy to know that they can hold hands again, never to be separated.

Grandma's funeral was in Arizona on April 22nd, Sarah's 16th birthday. Gary, Sarah and I flew down early that morning for the service, and flew home that night. It was a very long and emotional day. Sarah sang with her cousins, and then I sang the 'Together Forever Medley', the song on my CD that I first sang for Grandpa Parks' funeral 15 years ago. I think Grams would have loved her funeral. She did plan it, after all. Especially touching was the tributes from each one of her children, and the granddaughter rose tribute as her casket was carried out. We all lined the path and held silk roses...her favorite. Maybe one of the reasons she preferred silk over fresh is that they never died or lost their color. She could keep them in her storage shed forever and ever. We're having a 'storage shed' party in the fall to clean them out. Who knows what treasures we will find amidst all her centerpieces and decorations.

Me, Ryan, Dad, Mom, Tiffany and Tira

Love, love, love these cousins.
Tiffany, Shylo, Kris, Jen and me.
Funerals gather families and I love that.

Several of the young women who Grandma and I taught in mutual came. One of the great blessings of the gospel are eternal ties. I will always love these girls!
1 comment:
Grandma was the coolest. I am so grateful for her and the great amazing lady she was. It was so good to see you. I am so grateful for your sweet example. We love you guys so much. Don't forget we are coming in Sept. Let's hang out.
Post a Comment