Monday, May 17, 2010

'I Like My Birthdays' - #104 Children's Songbook



Our darling Parker is 15 today.
He picked out these yellow sneakers.


I have a quiet moment to post this,
as the entire AFJH student council just left.
As parents of this handsome student body prez,
we hosted the end of year/birthday party.



Parker is a precious piece in our family puzzle.
He marches to a beat all his own,
has freckles in the most unusual places,
and is the only child that calls me 'mama.'
His birth was in the quiet, wee hours of the morning.
It seemed that only the doctor and us were awake,
because everything was so quiet and still.
A beautiful spirit filled the room as he took his first breath.
I know every baby brings that feeling,
but his birth was particularly sweet.
I will always cherish that memory.
I love you Park.

1 comment:

La Esposa said...

My friend...I Loved your sweet son's mini birth story. It gets me SO excited. Oh...I can't wait... =)