It's a good thing we'd just watched the movie 'Pollyanna' so I could find something to be glad about when we discovered that one of our water heaters had rusted out and flooded the basement. It was my privilege to witness it first hand as I was lathered and soapy when my warm and toasty morning shower turned to sheets of freezing rain.
I spent the next several hours with a towel wrapped around my soapy head till I could get the kids off to school and heat enough water to rinse it out. What an adventure!
I'm glad we discovered it sooner than later. I'm glad my husband knew what to do. I'm glad we have a neighbor with mad plumbing skills. I'm glad the carpet is finally dry and we can put the basement back together today.
The glad game really works.

4 comments:
Once when we came home from a long car trip something similar happened to us. We got home in the middle of the night and the kids had fallen asleep. As I was carrying the first one to her bed I took one step in the hall and my foot made a splash. Not a good sound. I am glad everything got cleaned up for you. That is just one of the reasons that I tell my girls that they need to marry a man that has skills.
Oh no, I'm sorry you had to go through that! Glad it wasn't worst!
I'm sorry Julene! That is no fun at all! But what a great attitude, your always an inspiration to me! Love ya
Oh no! I didn't know that happened I'm so sorry. There is nothing worse than finding water where it doesn't belong! I hope you got your basement put back together!
Post a Comment