Friday, March 13, 2009

'A Woman's Heart' - Tyler Castleton

When March rolls around, I can always count on a few things...snowflakes on my spring bulbs, boys pulling out the golf clubs and baseball mitts, and Relief Society birthday parties. It's been well over 5 years now that I started singing with these wonderful ladies. We usually perform about twice a year...in March for birthday parties, and at Christmastime Relief Society celebrations. We are all in busy seasons of our lives, so we rarely get to see each other. When we do get together to sing, it feels like a fun reunion. I love these dear sisters.

Mindi Childs, Collette Worthington and I have very different voices, but we seem to blend so well together. I'm sure Christy Alger, our accompanist, has something to do with it. She is truly the 4th voice in our collective sound. Combined we have a wide variety of life experiences, but our testimonies of Jesus Christ unify us. Our offerings are always simple and straightforward, but they come from the heart. It sometimes feels like a challenge to juggle schedules and fit it in, (there are 24 kids and 4 grandkids between us) but we're always so grateful that we do.

Our performance this year was for an older and established ward near the Provo temple. What wise and beautiful women. As a performer, you always get a feel and play off of your audience. That night we were filled so much more than we gave. I love that about the gospel. When the spirit is present, all are lifted and edified together. Thanks Mind, CoCo and Christy. I'm so grateful we get to share these experiences together. And Happy Birthday to all of us!

2 comments:

janelle said...

Maybe next year you should all do a girls weekend to Las Vegas?!? I think you could fit that in your busy schedules! :) I am the Stake Enrichment counselor! It's just perfect! ;)

Donna said...

What a small world. Collette used to do my hair. Tell he hi, if she remembers me.