The older I get, the more I love funerals. For the most part, they can be uplifting, reflective, and celebrations of lives well lived, and inspire me to live my life better. Not to mention, you get to see family and friends you haven't seen in a while. Last week I went to Idaho to sing at the funeral of my great-uncle, Ray Phillips. He was the 'favorite' uncle in the family, always cheerful and fun-loving, even though he faced great adversity and chronic pain his entire life. It was a treat to see extended family, and laugh and cry together. The heavens smiled on this man and his family and gave us a beautiful sunny day to say good-bye to him.
Can one ever have too many moms? The first picture is of my 'other mother', Sue, me and my mom, Nancy. At the graveside service, here's my mom, me, and my Grandma Parks.

2 comments:
You are so beautiful! I'll bet your singing was amazing as well! I couldn't agree more about funerals... they are truly a celebration of life and a wonderful time to be reminded of the blessings of the gospel! You are awesome! Love ya!
It looks like it was a beautiful day. I can't say the same for today...or even this week!!
Post a Comment