Monday, March 30, 2009

'True to the Faith' - Hymn #254



I've been waiting 14 years for this! It's so wonderful to have a daughter to share it with! Saturday, Sarah and I spent most of the day together in Salt Lake. We shopped, met some friends for dinner, then rode trax to the conference center for the General YW Broadcast. We scored some terrific seats (thanks Carol!) and just soaked it all in. As I watched my daughter embrace this experience, take meticulous notes, and listen intently to a prophet of God, I said several prayers in my heart for her righteous choices and virtuous life. We mothers like to think we're in control, but the more I learn about agency, the more grateful I become for moments like these when you see those you love the most choosing the better part.

'We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will “stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places” (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:

Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity
AND VIRTUE

We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to
strengthen home and family,
make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple,
and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.'

7 comments:

Sibber said...

WOW!!! What an awesome day for the two of you! I'm glad you had such a great day together! My niece is the one that played the flute in the conference! Wasn't she wonderful?? I had another niece singing in the choir... it was such a great evening! I loved it! I looked all over for you!! :) Your daughter is beautiful, just like her mother! Love ya!

Emily said...

It looks like such a perfect day! I'm so glad you had such a good time. You two have done a great job raising all your kids and Sarah is a doll. Oh, the wii is fine I finally checked it. :-)

Bethany said...

What a perfect day!

Tia Zwick Field said...

I'm glad you had a good time! I totally miss that! I looked forward to that special Saturday all year when I was in Young Womens; to be able to have a girl's outing and be in the beautiful Conference center listening to those inspired women. I bet Sarah will look forward to it every year as well. What a fun day to spend together! You both look gorgeous!

Zwick family said...

I'm so happy for you and Sarah! This has been my very favorite thing to do with my girls. In our stake in Henderson they had the broadcast on Sunday night. So, Ashley and I got to go last night. It was wonderful and so inspiring. Sarah looks so beautiful and grown up!

Donna said...

We were there too! What an amazing meeting.

Matt and Amie said...

What a special day. How fun that you and Sarah shared that together. It will be something she will always cherish and remember her Mom doing with her!