Tuesday, March 3, 2009

'Hello Old Friend' - James Taylor

I know this sounds silly, but I have missed Costco! With my 2 monster eaters in the mission field, I've had to adjust my shopping and cooking habits. I remember after Taylor left, we had the same 3 gallons of milk in the outside fridge for over 2 weeks! And for the first time in a long time, we often have leftovers. I don't go to Costco nearly as much as I used to, and the good news is, our food budget is significantly less. But I must admit, it was like going to lunch with an old friend as I pushed my cart around with a smile on my face, nibbling the plethora of sample foods peddled by sweet old ladies. It's good to be back!

3 comments:

Collette said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find yours!! As always, you and your family are beautiful! I can't believe your two oldest are on missions. I remember when you were pregnant with #2 - and, wow, I guess it has been almost 20 years. Yikes.

Oh, and long live Costco!! A favorite place of mine as well.

janelle said...

How perfect that my sister was the first one to comment on this post! The Baugh's love Costco! I go there for fun! My parents go there on date nights. Collette has appropriately taught the love to her children! I can understand your feeling of missing something from your life! My heart is with you during this hard time!! :)

AnneMarie said...

I'll bet having two boys out of the house makes a HUGE difference. I'm sure you were not only feeding them, but a whole crew of friends too.

I love Costco, but I get in trouble when I go there because every item just calls my name!

Thanks for your advice on the Bosch! I listed my Kitchen aid on KSL and sold it today. I can't wait to get my hands on a Bosch!! I had never heard of Pantry Secrets and looked up their site online. Have you taken their class? I'm going to sign up for it. How fun will that be!

I'll let you know about Westin getting his call. It should come in the next couple of weeks. He is going through the temple next Sat.

Thanks for your comments. I do enjoy you. I admire you too!