Wednesday, February 4, 2009

'Good Morning Baltimore' - Hairspray


Sarah had her very first voice recital on Saturday. The song she sang is from the 'Hairspray' soundtrack and I think it fits her perfectly. As I was watching her, I couldn't believe how much she's grown up. She's only 14, but she handled herself like a seasoned performer. She's never had an interest in musical theater, but I think she could definitely handle it!

11 comments:

Michele said...

Wow Sarah! You are SUCH an amazing performer and have such a great voice. I am so impressed and LOVED the song...it is one of my favorites from that show and you did it so well! I wish I could have seen you in person. Thanks Julene for sharing.

Sibber said...

HOLY COW!!! What a talented daughter! She puts my voice to absolute shame! She sounds great! I LOVE this girl! Congratulations! Like Mother, like daughter! Beautiful in every way!

Emily said...

She did awesome!! We are so proud of her. See you are going to have to teach me how to blog! I have tried to post video and I can't make it work. Please show me how!

Anonymous said...

After seeing Hairspray four times in New York last Summer I thought I saw the best of the best but I was wrong! Keep singing and performing Sarah! I continually think back to voice recitals, musical theater and choir concerts and miss them. Theater is so thrilling and rewarding! Enjoy every minute of it like you have been. Your expressions and acting were right on girl! You are indubitably the prettiest Tracy I've ever seen! Watch out Broadway! :)

Matt and Amie said...

WOW WOW WOW!! That was awesome. Way to go Sarah. I am so impressed!

Brittney said...

Wow!!! Like mother like daughter! I've ALWAYS loved this song. Holy cow. She's incredible. I can totally see her in musical theatre! I would give anything to be able to sing! You guys are so lucky!!!! Thanks for sharing this video Julene! It was so fun to watch!!!

Wendie said...

Wow! Sarah performed beautifully. She is incredibly talented. Way to go!

Marg said...

Oh MY GOSH SARAH!!!!! Where have I been? I had no idea you did this! I should have guess though. Really beautiful and wonderful. Mom and Dad have gotta be poppin their buttons PROUD :)
I'll remember this when we need a great singer in the stake! Love ya!

Joy :) said...

WOW...I love it!! So fun to watch her perform!

Emily Reese said...

Oh my goodness! Sarah you are so wonderful. Love, Emily Reese I am going to call Haley and tell her to watch this...

Anny said...

I have to add my WOW to the list! She is wonderful and so darling. So fun to watch, I'm sure we will see her in the future.