Thursday, February 12, 2009

'I Love to See the Temple' - #95 Children's Songbook


Today we braved the snowstorm and trekked with our golden tickets to the Draper Temple Open House. I'm attaching an artist's rendering because it was so stormy, it was impossible to get a good picture of the temple from outside. There was such a wonderful spirit there. The kids asked a lot of questions, and the baptistry and celestial room were their favorite parts. I loved the artwork and the warmth of the colors they chose for this temple. We gathered the kids around us in the celestial room, missing our 2 missionaries. I just wanted to hug them close to me, and relish the moment. #1 on my 'bucket list' is to be in the celestial room with my husband and all 5 of our children some day. I know I shouldn't set a goal based on someone else's agency, but I'm a mom...I can't help it. It really was a beautiful afternoon.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a great day. You are well on your way to having all 5 there. We get to go in March. I love that they have open houses. My kids are so excited to go inside! Did you see Ryan and Megan? Oh, Kate wanted that to be the "real Jesus" in the picture...not just a picture of him :-)Definately in spirit though!

Zwick family said...

Hi Julene,
That's so great that you went to the Draper temple with your kids. A few years ago we took the younger 4 to the Newport Temple open house, and had a similar experience.
Thanks so much for being such a good friend to Tia. I love that she has a wonderful adult friend in her life like you.

AnneMarie said...

We haven't been able to go yet and I'm really anxious to get there. Our new house is only three houses away from the Oquirh Mtn. temple that is being built. It will be completed in June, so you will have to come to the open house and stop by our place when you do.