Saturday, February 7, 2009

'I'll Walk with You' - #140 Children's Songbook

I had to blog today about a film our family just watched. It's about one of my old young ambassador friends, Tim Sutton, and his family's experiences raising a severely handicapped child. It documents their experiences through old home movies, and more touching to me, their feelings about their brother. It was moving to see, even through the camera lens, the power of love and sacrifice and the impact it had on every member of the family. I don't want to spoil the end for you, but just when you didn't think the mother could handle anything else, the Lord provides another opportunity for growth. It's definitely not a light 'escape' movie to view. But it's real, and real life is messy and hard...and worth it. Please feel free to borrow mine if you'd like to watch it, or better yet, support this family by ordering one online for $20 at www.oliveasuttonproductions.com.

No comments: