Friday, July 29, 2011

'Me and My Gang' - Rascal Flatts

I got released on Sunday from my calling as laurel advisor.
It's fitting that it happened to be Pioneer Day,
the day we honor and celebrate the ones
who sacrificed and came before...
because it felt like a sacrifice to be released
and separated from the girls I have come to love as my own.
Between supporting Gary is his calling, and the
increasing demands of my missionary calling in Salt Lake,
I was just stretched too thin, and couldn't give my all.
I have loved sharing Sarah's laurel experience with her.
I'll miss her. I'll miss each and every other beautiful girl.
I'll miss the other lucky leaders who get to carry on
and pull the YW handcart for a turn.
The church is true and it gives ample opportunity
for change and growth if you let it.
But growing pains hurt sometimes.
I love you girls!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

I have to pretend that I'm still your favorite Laurel. :) Haha!! JK. Those girls were extremely lucky to have you in their lives as Laurels, just as I was. I still feel your love for me and that's incredible. Thank you for loving me as I'm sure you loved your latest batch of girls too.

Bethany said...

I thought I was your favorite Laurel! ;) You have touched the hearts of many girls through the years and changed lives for the better. Thank you! You really made a difference in my life!

Julene said...

You two were and always will be two of my favorites! Isn't that one of the most wonderful things about the gospel? The love that we get to share for eternity!