Thursday, January 27, 2011

'One Voice' - Dustin Gledhill

I'm sorry I haven't updated our holiday memories and recent adventures more quickly. I know my fam is waiting for more details. I'm not trying to be secretive...I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed and under-adequate! Besides the normal family craziness and a flood or two, I've been called to serve a church-service mission, as an assistant to the Relief Society General Board. I am in Salt Lake a couple of days a week, and I'm still finding my sea legs. I will share more when I can, but it's important to me that I 'honor the voice,' and respect all that this calling entails. What I can share is how much my testimony of Relief Society has already been strengthened, and how diligent and HARD these dear women labor in our behalf. Pray for them. Pray for Sister Beck. They are doing a great and marvelous work!

5 comments:

Arlene Heiner said...

You are underestimating yourself. You are one person I know that knows how to "rise to the occasion". You are perfect for that assignment or mission and they will be lucky to have such a hard working capable person. Just let the little things go and enjoy focusing on your new journey and family-- everything else will fall into place. The Lord knows how to compensate. You are incredible and I'm just proud to have you as a friend

Paige said...

Julene! This is great and exciting. You will do a wonderful job, I just know it. =D

Bethany said...

You are incredible Julene! It seems like an overwhelming job however you will be amazing and you are in my prayers. Love you girl!

nelly said...

Awesome! You will be awesome!

Ben and Shara said...

Julene,
I'm so excited for your new calling. How wonderful and cool is that??!
I'm sure the calling has begun by now and I'm guessing that you LOVE it.
You are amazing.
s