Monday, November 23, 2009

'You've had a birthday, shout Hooray!' - #285 Children's Songbook

I wish my baby Benji still looked like this, but our caboose turned 12 this month
and made the jump from primary to the deacon's quorum.
He hasn't had a party in a few years,
so we took a couple carloads of kids to the BYU basketball game.
Gary said it was like herding cats.
Benji made his wishes known for breakfast in bed, but was too excited to sleep in and ate in on the couch watching Sports Center instead.
For dinner, we hit our favorite burger joint.
The infamous birthday dessert everybody orders. Benji had a hard time sharing.
Benji received the aaronic priesthood from his dad, and did a great job passing the sacrament for the first time.

Happy birthday beautiful baby Benji boy!

2 comments:

Sibber said...

That looks like a wicked AWESOME dessert! I must have the recipe ... when you get a minute I would love a copy... if you please! Happy birthday! Yeah... these kids are all growing up WAY too fast! love ya!

Joy :) said...

I want to know what that Birthday dessert is--it looks yummy!!! I think you should post it!!!! :)