Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kung Fu Fighting - Kung Fu Panda Soundtrack

I'm a little behind in my postings, as the beginning of summer is always a little crazy.

I thought I'd share my very favorite moment of Mother's Day, but I have to back up over 15 years. This is a cherished picture of Spencer and Taylor when they were toddlers. It pretty much sums up their 19 year relationship! Being only a year apart, they were often each other's worst enemies and I spent much of my time refereeing.

This year, since Spencer is serving in Pennsylvania and Taylor is in Guatemala, we were hoping to do a missionary 'conference call' on Mother's Day. This is something they both were hoping we could pull off. My VERY FAVORITE MOMENT was when we finally got through to Guatemala and I got to hear my two sons hear each other for the first time in almost two years. The joy I felt as I listened to their conversation was truly payback for the rounds and rounds of boxing matches I'd endured. They were laughing and sharing experiences. Taylor was even asking Spencer for advice. Hearts have softened, and it just makes me more excited for the day when Taylor gets off the plane 18 months from now and they will reunite after 3 years apart. It was the best Mother's day ever.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

That is so sweet! There is nothing like a brother.

Matt and Amie said...

Such a sweet post! They will look back at growing up with fond memories! Just ask Jordan and James! :) We still talk and laugh about their relationship growing up!

Emily said...

I love that picture. You are the one who inspired me to get my camera out in situations like that. Looking back i love the pics I have!!