The week between Christmas and New Year's, we went to St. George for a few days and got out of the snow. We found some beautiful hikes and the boys loved jumping over 'the cracks'. We visited the St. George Temple Visitor's Center, played tennis, and went to the Judd store and the waffle house. We went to a movie or two, and Benji played in a golf tournament. We also had to hit our favorite treat spot, Nielsen's Frozen Custard. We hooked up with our cousins, Chris and Jennifer Peterson, and went to their ward on Sunday. Our kids really had fun playing with their kids. It was hard to come home and face the snow and Christmas decorations that needed to be put away, but it was a fun way to end a great year. Good-bye 2008!
It looks like you had a great time! I hope those cracks weren't too deep. I'm paranoid about stuff like that. Kids will be kids so I have to remind myself of that! You always have such great ideas!
'As Zion's Youth in Latter Days' '...The truths and values we embrace are mocked on every hand. Yet as we listen and obey, we know we can withstand, the evils that would weaken us, the sin that would destroy. With faith, we hold the iron rod and find in this our joy!'
"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined.... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity." -Margaret Nadauld
4 comments:
It looks like you had a great time! I hope those cracks weren't too deep. I'm paranoid about stuff like that. Kids will be kids so I have to remind myself of that! You always have such great ideas!
Fun Christmas/New Years break! You are SUCH a kool-aid mom! I love ya!
those picture of jumping over the crack are pretty crazy. the rest are beautiful pictures. glad you had a great christmas and new year.
Next time you come to St. George, call me!!
Love you lots
Sue
Post a Comment