Monday, December 8, 2008

'God Rest Ye Merry....Mothers!" - adapted Christmas carol

I know it's been several weeks since my last post. Quite frankly, I don't really have time to write this one. Usually I have most of Christmas planned, purchased, and prepared by Thanksgiving so I can spend my energy in December enjoying my family, but this year is different. Sending a missionary out the week before Thanksgiving really took it out of me - emotionally and physically. We squeezed the life out of every minute with Taylor and I'm so glad we did.

It put me behind, so I'm feeling a little more holiday stress than usual, but the little things help me manage...listening to Benji sing Christmas carols at the top of his lungs, a pre-lit tree, tylenol pm, and some extra help on my Christmas card this year - thanks Britt! And it just started snowing! Yeah! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and I just might make it.

4 comments:

The Parks Family said...

Super cute christmas card...i LOVE it.

Sibber said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Christmas card! You look amazing! Glad to see you ARE alive and well! Welcome back! May all your days be merry and bright! :)

Molly said...

I love that card, it is so cute and I love the missionary pictures! So handsome. Would it be possible to get Taylor's address from you? My email is rxygirl0015@hotmail.com. Thanks!!

kimberly said...

hi missionary mom of two, your christmas card is so cute, i love it. your family is so adorable. it was great seeing taylor for a bit at bobby's wedding before he left. he is quite the dancer and entertainer. hope you have a fun and wonderful holiday. miss you guys!