Thursday, November 20, 2008

'Big Girls Don't Cry' - The Four Seasons



Whoever wrote that song, never had to leave their 2nd son at the MTC. It was so much harder this time. I know that having 2 sons on a mission will be a sweet blessing, but I think one of the reasons I was so sad yesterday was my reconciliation with the passage of time. As I look back on those years when Spencer and Taylor were small, it couldn't possibly have been more than 15 years ago...it feels like it was just yesterday!

The chapters in our family book when all 7 of us were home together are written and done, but I can look forward to the unknown, exciting adventures in the chapters that are yet to come. Just give Gary and I a few days to mourn and wander aimlessly about. I know when we get that first letter from Taylor at the MTC and another great email from Spencer in Pennsylvania, our hearts will be comforted and we will be grateful.

I wouldn't want them doing anything else in their lives right now, but today, I just miss my little boys.

8 comments:

Zwick family said...

Taylor looks great! I can't imagine how hard it would be to have two sons out at once. You are the best mother of boys. It's so sad when the familiar days start changing. But, you have so many wonderful days ahead. I hope you get your first letter really soon! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Sibber said...

Just think of all those awesome missionary letters!!! Two a week! What a lucky girl you are! There's nothing better! He looks very happy and excited to be going! That is great! I hope you are surviving... remember your post about See's chocolate... I think you deserve some! :) Hang in there... We love you!

Emily said...

It looks like Taylor did awesome! You two can mourn until you get your letter!! You will fall into your rythm before you know it.

Molly said...

He will be such a great missionary. He is a great kid and we really love him tons!

Laura said...

He looks so Handsome. He will be an excellent missionary. It was so awesome to have him in phx.

Brynn said...

PS... I'm really missing you! I hope you are doing well and surviving your boys not at home! You are awesome! Hope your T-giving was wonderful and that you have a great Christmas Holiday! Love ya buckets!

Brynn said...

ps... Brynn, is really Sibber... sorry I didn't notice I was on her account! That is my daughter! :) We all love ya! :)

The Lichlyter's said...

You have such a great family. We had so much fun visiting you all. Love you guys.