
Taylor has struggled a bit, with the language that seemed to make his stuttering flare up, and with disobedient companions. His very first trainer was wonderful, and they had a productive and joyful six weeks together, but since then, Taylor's mission president has given him the task of handling the mission's most difficult elders. Taylor has been up to the task, but in recent emails, we have sensed his discouragement and loneliness as he walks this path the Lord has set. We are so proud of him for his desire to be completely obedient and know that these hard things will shape and bless the rest of his life. Though I must admit that in my motherly moments of weakness, I pray for some relief for him.
But as I look at these pictures, there's no denying the JOY of missionary work, even on the hard days. We will miss not having two sons serving at the same time. Spencer comes home in less than two months. We love our Elder Judds!

3 comments:
While my easiest area was the one with referrals coming out of our ears and a companion who wanted to work hard - I have to say the lessons and testimony I draw on the most at this stage in life are the ones I learned and earned in those difficult, discouraging areas. Something I couldn't even fathom at that time. (My 'easy area' was only 3 months of my mission) Staying obedient when others are not will be a trait that will bless his life forever - spiritually and temporally.
And I would never consider praying for your child a weakness - even if it's a prayer of mercy!
We pray for him too! He is so wonderful and the Lord will take care of him! BTW we bought the play house at Costco...we were going to get it last year but they were out when we went back for it so this year we snagged it!
As we have found... those that are a challenge are put with those that are stronger... Your Elder Judd on Guatemala sounds like an amazing young man... a great example! This will be a good test for him, I'm sure he'll be fine. A refiners fire, if you will! It will make him an incredible missionary... I know you know that, however!
Post a Comment