Tuesday, July 14, 2009

'Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah' - Allan Sherman

I SURVIVED GIRLS CAMP!!!

I was a little nervous, as it's been a few years, but it was a great week. I will admit I was on the verge of losing it at 5:30am after the first sleepless night in my sleeping bag, but I snuck to my cell phone hidden in my car and tearfully texted Gary and he rescued me yet again. He arrived that night for skit-night with a brand new big and fluffy air mattress and a dozen Paradise Bakery coconut chocolate chip cookies. That man knows just how to take care of me! With a little bit of sleep, I was a new woman!

The Lord watches over Heber Valley Camp. The spirit there is heavenly, and I'm so grateful we are able to use such amazing facilities in such a beautiful place. And I loved sharing it with Sarah! We have amazing stake leaders who spent the entire year preparing, and it paid off - BIG TIME! The highlights for me were watching Gary in the stake presidency skit, our ward faith walk, my friend Lori Featherstone's AMAZING talk, and just watching Sarah. And having a camp cook that fixed all of MY meals just spoiled me! Here are a few of my favorite pictures...

Sarah and I with Lori Featherstone, from the YW General Board
The stake presidency doing the 'THRILLER' dance.
Gary is on the left. His moonwalk was awesome!
Sarah on the zip-line
Sarah, Cassidy and Mindi waiting for their turn...

2 comments:

Matt and Amie said...

Matt and I were SO surprised to see Lori on your blog! She is a good friend of the Tingey family and she is such a sweet lady! You will have to tell her hi from us. Those girls were sure lucky to have you at girls camp, and what a good husband you have! :) I miss you!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you got to spend girls camp with Sarah. Girls camp is always an amazing experience and it seems the girls come back on a spiritual high. Way to go Gary!