Thursday, July 30, 2009

'Condo, Condo, Condo' - Michael Buble

I know, I know, the song lyric is really 'Quando, Quando, Quando,' but Gary kept singing his version on our drive to St. George, and I thought it was pretty clever. On a whim, we headed to sunny and hot St. George to spend the 24th of July holiday. Parker was at Bear Lake boating, so it was just the 4 of us. I never get used to not having all 5 of my kids with us.

We had a very fun week-end. We went to Tuacahn to see 'Footloose' and enjoyed a few fireworks there. The next day the boys golfed while the girls shopped, and we joined them on the last couple of holes. We went to the Harry Potter movie (why didn't anyone tell me Dumbledore died?!) and the Pizza Factory for dinner.






The next day we went on one of our favorite hikes, then while the kids cooled off at the pool, Gary and I went to the St. George temple. Keeping with tradition, we had to drop in at Neilsen's Frozen Custard before we hit the road for home. It was a quick and fun trip. Hope you had a great pioneer day too!

1 comment:

The Lichlyter's said...

What a great place. Looks like so much fun. What great memories for your kids. Spending quality time with the two kids is definitely the upside to not having all five. I am sure they loved the attention.