Thursday, April 23, 2009

'WICKED' - Original Broadway Cast Recording



Last night we had a wickedly wonderful time! It was Sarah's 15th birthday, and almost a year ago I got second row seats to WICKED's first run in SLC. We have been looking forward to this for a long time. Gary and I have both seen it in New York and LA, and have shared the music and story with our kids. When the overture started, Sarah and I were already teary! Being so close to the stage really took our breath away. Right after Elpheba's solo, 'Defying Gravity' at the end of the first act, Sarah put her hand on her heart and exclaimed, 'I'm overwhelmed!' She is too darling for words. Parker loved Glinda...she was brilliantly hilarious. It was an evening we'll all remember for a long time.

And as I'm typing this post, I just received a text from my family and friends who are there right now...and President Monson is there! We missed him by one night! I know he will love it too!

6 comments:

Molly said...

I saw that with my parents and sister a couple years ago but we were so far away it wasn't very fun! I bet you guys had a blast though, how fun to get such amazing seats!

Sibber said...

OH MY WORD!!! I'm just a dot jealous! We didn't get tickets here... too slow and they went way too fast! We're happy that you got to go, however! I'm heading to New York in a couple of weeks, and that is FIRST on the agenda! I LOVE it! I love that you took your darling kids! What a great and marvelous memory for you all! Love you!

Collette said...

I'm so jealous! We weren't quick enough to get tickets in SLC. When Jared and I saw it in LA, I knew very little about the story and hadn't heard any of the music. I cryed like a baby! Absolutely beautiful.

Niesha said...

I have 2 days and counting until it is my turn... thanks to you!!! LA was so great that I am really nervous to see if this one is just as good. I am so happy that you took you youngens, it is such a brilliant story for todays youth. My hands are shaking right now as I type this because I am so excited!!! It makes me happy to see that you has such a good time! You will be seeing my rave reviews on my blog shortly.

Brittney said...

Ok Julene - this comment is going to seem grossly over emotional, but lets just say . . . its an emotional time of the month! Haha I've been reading blogs for an hour now and feeling hopelessly bored and not one bit inspired or excited. Sad, right?! Then I clicked on your blog to see what the Judds have been up to and read this post and burst into tears. I have seen Wicked twice now, once in LA and once in Toronto with my sweetie and I know EXACTLY how you girls felt. Your daughter is so adorable. I hope she is up there as Elphaba one day!! I can totally see it!! And I'll be in the 2nd row too!! HAHA

Anyway - thanks for the awesome posts. Congrats to your kiddo, or should I say, Mr. President. :) LOVE YOU SO MIUCH!!!!!!

Kristie said...

It was so wonderful seeing WICKED again! I had a great time watching Shyanne's reaction as well, and then seeing her fall in love with it as well. Thanks so much for scoring the awesome seats!